FocusIKT supports its customers and cooperation partners in all respects of converting recent results of R&D and standardization into applicable solutions and market ready products.
The direct vicinity to the Labs of Ostfalia University ensures transfer of results from current research projects as well as the participation of ambitious students who, guided by the directors and the members of scientific staff, bring their creativity and innovative power into projects carried out by institute.
Institute DirectorsProf. Dr.-Ing. Diederich Wermser is head of the Communication Systems Lab of Ostfalia´s Electrical Engineering Department since 1994. After graduating from the Communication Systems Institute at Hannover University, he has led the design and implementation of communication systems and applications in corporations such as British Petroleum (BP), Axel Springer Verlag, US West and VIAG Interkom (today O2). As founding partner and CTO of two nationwide network operators he gathered extensive experience in the corporate implementation of innovations in communication technology.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martin Strube R&D activities are focused IoT-solutions for industrialenvironments. After being a Technical Officer in the federal armed Forces of Germany he modernized several industrial Control Systems as head of process-automation and IT in the steel industry. Afterwards he worked as CTO for one of the top 100 most innovative companies in Germany. Since he is Professor at Ostfalia´s Mechanical Engineering Faculty.
Fields of Activity
- Industry 4.0 (I40), IoT
- IoT Radio Networks, LoRa, NB-IoT
- Integrated I40 solutions like Smart Maintenance
- M2M Protocols, OPC-UA, MQTT
- OpenStandard Communication Protocols
- Time Sensitive Networks (TSN)
- SDN – Software Defined Networks, OpenFlow, OF-Config
- NFV - Network Function Virtualisation, OpenStack
- Unified Communications (UC), Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Web RealTime Communication (WebRTC)
- All-IP Mobile Communication, LTE
- Critical Communications, TETRA–LTE
- IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem)
- Realtime Communication Networks
- Analysis of „VoIP-Readiness“, Security in VoIP-Systems
- Testing of Communication Protocols and Systems
- Conformity Tests, TTCN-3
- Interoperability Tests, Stress Tests
- Development / Integration of OpenStandard Network Elements
- Contributions to Open Source Projects